Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The End Of Garage Sale Season...

Well, it's finally here. No more fluorescent-colored signs on wooden sticks on the street corners...no more tents and card tables filling people's yards...no more checking the Quad-City Times Classifieds on Wednesday nights to see how many sales there are in the morning. Garage sale season is coming to an end...
yes, there are a few sales out there today.  But there's also a lot of rain. And it's cold. And my mom is currently in Boston visiting my aunt, which would leave me with all three kids by myself at a garage sale. No thanks. And so, the sales are over for me. Such a sad day! :(

But alas, let us remember the point of this blog: to look for the good.  And let me tell you, after all of the things that have gone wrong this week, I needed some good today. So, as I drove by the dripping-wet garage sale signs on my way home from work, I decided to look at the bright side.  And the bright side is this: it's raining!

Remember a while back when I blogged about all three kids napping when it rains? Well, my theory continues to be true.  As I write this, ALL three of my kids are enjoying a dreary-day slumber.  And I am finally getting to catch on some of my "daily" blog posts that I have been neglecting while I have instead been "daily" getting used to being a mommy of three! :)

It's a good, rainy, sleepy afternoon.  Now, if only I could catch up on my blog posts and take a nap at the same time....

No comments:

Post a Comment