Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Life Goes On.

Light after the storm

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life:  it goes on.”  --Robert Frost

…I had to resort to someone else’s words for today’s post.  I spent the entire day laying on my chair in the living room, so needless to say I didn’t get much inspiration!  But hey, Robert Frost always has something good up his sleeve! J

Life goes on.  Three little words, but so many thoughts that go along with this idea.   No matter the tragedy, no matter the terrible day you may be having, life does go on.  I needed this reminder today, as my pregnancy again has taken a turn for the extremely uncomfortable.  I absolutely hate sitting on the couch all day, watching my husband take care of everything and watching my kids play without me.  It’s so frustrating, so unnatural for me…I spend the whole day feeling sorry for them and for myself.  As you can tell, it’s miserable!

Don’t jump to conclusions…I know for a fact that many people, in fact probably some of you reading this blog, are going through a lot harder things than having to sit on the couch all day!  But that’s my point.  No matter your worries, no matter the frustration you are enduring in this moment, it will pass.  Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but at some point it will.  It won’t be the last hardship you will face, and it’s certainly not the first, but that’s just it:  life. goes. on.

It’s a scary, beautiful thought.  Sometimes we don’t want it to go on…sometimes we want to wallow in our self-pity, or sometimes we want a little more time to grieve, or to reflect on the bad things that have happened, but in the end we need to just let go.  It’s painful, it’s heart-wrenching, and sometimes it seems impossible, but with prayer, some help from our loved ones, and finding that inner strength that we all have hiding in there somewhere, we will eventually pick ourselves up and move on.



So…no matter what’s going on in your life today, remember those three little words.  Maybe you are going through a serious, rough time in your life.  Or maybe you are just being ridiculous and blowing your little problems (like having to lay on the couch all day) out of proportion.  No matter the issue, I hope that you can find the strength to let life go on, to move yourself on to new challenges and new adventures ahead.  Keep looking for the good in life—it really is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment