Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Community Spotlight: Beignet Done That!


Another short and sweet post today…emphasis on the word sweet.  As always on Fridays, we are looking for “the good” in our community.  And so today let me ask you, if you live in the Quad Cities, have you been downtown to try “Beignet Done That”?  If not, then you definitely need to put it on your list!

This little coffee shop, located inside the Blackhawk Hotel, gets its name from the “beignet”, a French donut-like pastry.  They are fluffy, delicious pastries dusted with powdered sugar and served warm and fresh right in front of you in this cute little place in downtown Davenport.

the kids, patiently waiting for donuts!
My mom and I recently took my boys, and my niece, to try out the beignets.  As a sweets-lover (and especially donuts), I knew before we got there that I would like it.  But I didn’t know just how delicious they would taste! We ordered the mini-beignets, because of the kids, but the next time I go I think I will order the same thing.  Everything is better in bite-size, and we ordered the chocolate dipping sauce to go with it. Mmmm!!
my adorable Cooper


No one is paying me to write this little blurb, believe it or not! I just love food, especially sweets, and I love finding new and delicious places in our community.  And, as everyone knows, I love it when it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.  The cost for 12 mini-beignets (which was quite filling, if you ask me) was only $6.  So, head on down to Beignet Done That and enjoy yourself a treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment