Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Weekly Bargain Updates


This piece on bargaining is going to be short and sweet, because baby girl has been giving Mommy a hard time this week and I am on bed rest.  Now, you may think that gives me more time to write blog posts, but in fact I’m so anxious and uncomfortable that it’s hard to stay focused.  But, no worries…I have two great bargaining tidbits to share with you!

First…save the date for June 16 if you live in the Quad Cities.  Our Quad City Moms Blog (www.quadcitymomsblog.com) is at it again! It’s another “Mama’s Market”, but this time it includes…you guessed it, a GARAGE SALE!  This should be a great event, with lots of great garage-sale deals, as well as local vendors and activities for the family.  Don’t miss it! Here’s the info, so you can transfer it right to your family’s calendar:


And, last but not least, an update on my mom and I’s garage-sale success this year. Last week, my mom hit the mother-load for baby girl clothes. She even hit a sale that was ½ price on everything!  If you thought the last picture of our baby clothes buys was good, wait til you see this one!  Most of these items were found by my mom and our friend Barb, but I was along for one of the days and I found some of it, too! And the best part, we found stuff for all sizes…newborn up to 12/18 months.  My baby girl is going to be dressed adorably cute every day, and for a fraction (and I mean small fraction) of the retail cost!

Without further ado, here’s our stack:


I didn’t sort it by items like I did last time (just too tired this time around!), but I did count them.  Outfits, shirts, pants, skirts, headbands, shoes, a crib sheet, and a piece to hang on her wall…107 items total!

And the cost?  Approximately $48.

No comments:

Post a Comment