Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sad...But True Story.

One of the blogs that I’ve been following lately is called “Pink Dryer Lint”  (www.pinkdryerlint.blogspot.com). It’s always a good read—plus, the author (Robin) just happens to be a college instructor and a mother of three girls (hence the name “pink dryer lint”).  We have a lot in common, and I really connect to her blog posts.  Anyways, one of the things that she does once in a while is post short little articles about a given topic.  Here’s an example (and I quote) from her latest post, entitled “Short and Sweet:  Cleaning Advice in 100 or fewer words”…

“While wiping down your kitchen table after a meal, have you ever knelt down beside it and inspected its underside? I just did.  My advice to you is this:  Don’t.”


I just found that hilarious, as I’m sure most of you do, too. So, while I was trying to think of a good topic for our “grab bag Sundays”, I decided to give you a summary of my day today, in 100 words or less.  I’m sure you will find it comical…



Been moving my boys to their “big boy” room.  Cried about them getting older, cried about how much my back hurts from carrying baby #3.  Went to some disappointing garage sales,  taught one class, ran some errands, kids ended up with no naps.  I cried some more.  By 7pm, you may have seen me…walking down the street with a box of cupcakes in one hand and fork in the other, pushing a stroller with no kids (only bags of crap we had bought), wandering through a neighborhood garage sale by my mom’s house.  Still crying.



**Disclaimer: This is NOT a real picture of me.  I'm sure I looked MUCH more glamorous in my ridiculous state this evening.  (NOT).

2 comments:

  1. Ah, I've had many of those types of days. I hope that the cupcake was delicious balm for the weary soul. ;)

    Thanks for the shout-out, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem, robin! your "100 words or less" is probably my favorite segment on your blog. it's such a challenging exercise...but fun!

      by the way, yes, the cupcake was delicious.

      Delete