Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Jackpot.


I actually had a different post scheduled for today’s “Bargain Thursday”, but after this past weekend, I just had to share this with all of you!  As you all know, my mom and I are crazy garage-salers, and the words “city-wide garage-sale” can actually bring us to salivation.  Well, maybe not, but close!  Anyhow, this past weekend we went to Wilton, Iowa’s city-wide sales, and I hit the jackpot!  For those of you who don’t know, I am currently expecting my third baby.  I have two boys (ages 3 ½ and almost 2), and this time it’s a girl!  So, needless to say, we have been anxiously awaiting the first garage sales of the season, now that I have had the ultrasound and know for sure that it’s a girl.  It’s time to buy her some clothes!

The morning in Wilton started out slow, but after that we started picking up speed…literally!  My mom, my aunt, our good friend and I were all running to any and every table with pink and purple clothes on it…one of us would scope it out, take a quick look at the average price on the items, and then give one of two signals: “move on to the next sale”, or “get over here quick and start grabbing things!”

Let’s just say, there was a lot of the “get over here quick” signals going on!  At one sale, I started grabbing little shirts and pants, thinking they were a quarter a piece.  I started to sort through what I had, and then I noticed the sign:  three for a quarter!  No sorting necessary…I scooped everything up, paid for it, and ran to my car!  What an adrenaline rush!

Of course I’m going to share my findings with you!  Although it was tempting, I did not take a picture of every single item that we got at the sales.  Instead, I grouped them into types, stacked them up, and got out my camera. (No, none of this was work to me.  Still on the adrenaline rush.)

Here’s a quick review of my treasures…enjoy!


17 dresses.
23 shirts.
1 skirt.
1 pair of shorts.
4 sleepers.
10 pairs of pants.
2 jackets.
2 pairs of shoes.
2 hats.
2 pairs of pajamas.
2 pairs of tights.





In case you didn’t keep count, that’s 66 items we got at the beloved city-wide garage sale.  Total cost? $32.



2 comments: