Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Young House Love.

John and Sherry
In honor of “look for the good in your home” Tuesdays, I’d like to share with you another of my favorite blogs to follow:  Young House Love.  You can find it and follow it at www.younghouselove.com .  The blog is written by a young couple, Sherry and John, who have completely re-done not one, but now two houses, almost entirely on their own.  They are the masters at Do-It-Yourself projects!  I love to check their blog every now and then to see the updates—one of the best parts about their page is that they take a ton of pictures, which really helps the reader see not only the progress, but also a step-by-step instruction manual, just in case you feel like doing a similar project in your own home!

Sherry and John's entryway...LOVE this.

As I’ve said before, we were lucky enough to move into a home that had been, as they say, “flipped”.  In other words, we didn’t have to do any work, which was great.  However, there are always miscellaneous projects around everyone’s home that they wish they could be working on, wish they knew how to do, or wish someone would do for them!  Well, that’s the inspiring part about Sherry and John—they don’t just sit around and think about doing it, they do it! (of course, their blog has landed them spots in many home and garden magazines, as well as features on the Today Show of all things, so it has essentially become their job…but still!)

Their dining room and a view into their office...ahh!
So if you are trying to think of ways to spruce up your home, or change one of your rooms, I highly recommend checking out this blog.  Even if you don’t have any projects, or don’t even have a house, it’s still an entertaining blog for pretty much anyone.  They also have a section of the blog dedicated to their outdoor/backyard wedding a few years back…which, yes, they did almost everything themselves!  The decorations, and the pictures, are amazing.  If you have a wedding in your future, you can get some great tips from Sherry and John’s experience!



So, that’s my piece for today.  As a new blogger, I’m realizing the importance of networking and sharing our favorite blogs with each other.  I know that many of you have shared my blog with people, and you will never know how much I appreciate that!  Of course, I think Sherry and John are doing just fine without a little recommendation from me, but hey, it’s always nice to be appreciated! And I really do love so many of the projects they’ve done…maybe someday I will have the time to do some of them in my own home!
My favorite of their rooms:  the living room.

Happy Tuesday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment