Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Life is funny.

It is now 12:33 AM.  The truth is, most of the posts that you read are written after 12:30 AM...I guess I just work well when everyone is sleeping.  But tonight was different.  I had some time this afternoon to organize some of my plans for the blog, and I felt so accomplished after sorting through my stacks of ideas and getting them into the right compartments in my folders (yes, I have already admitted to an obsession with office supplies).  So, around 10:30 I come upstairs to take a shower, then I'm about to lay down in my bed and turn my laptop on.  Matt is laying in the boys' room, and I assume he will be going back downstairs to play his video game while I write tomorrow's post (we are lame...I know!).  I go in to check on him, and we end up sitting in our room talking for the next two hours.  It's one of those conversations where you feel like you are talking about everything and nothing all at once.  We talked about our past, we talked about our kids, we laughed...sometimes when I look at him it's like I remember every single moment I've had with him, all in one instance.  And, as everyone always says, sometimes we just say nothing at all.  If you don't have someone in your life that you can do that with, then I hope you find someone soon.  I could lay here with him all day, not saying a thing...not promising that we wouldn't fall asleep, but still! And so, after all of my work this afternoon and all of my planning, when Matt finally got up and said he's going back downstairs to play his game, all I wanted to do was write about this, about these last two hours with my husband, my best friend, the father of my children.  Ironic that today just happens to be Father's Day. He ran downstairs to get me a glass of water (and let's be honest...a candy bar, too), and when he came back, the baby girl was going crazy.  He put his hand on my stomach, and we could both feel her foot--yes, you can actually tell that it's her foot!  It is both the weirdest and most wonderful thing all at once.
Tonight's "date night" with my husband was not planned.  We did not get dressed up, we did not go out to dinner, and in fact we didn't even know we were on a date while it was happening.  But, to me, tonight was perfect.  Life is funny sometimes, the way we fuss around about how we look and what we should do for fun, and then in the end some of our most memorable times happen when we get out of the shower and sit down on the bed--no make up, in our pajamas, with no agenda.  I love him so much.  And that is looking for the good in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment