Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Little Surprises Make A Big Difference

Today was my fourth day of bed-rest.  Let me tell you, four days is enough.  I don’t know how women do this for weeks, even months!  I am bored, I am tired of sitting on the couch and having other people do things for me, and mostly I am sad that I cannot pick up my kids or run around and get them what they need like I always do.

I have a lot of help, and I appreciate each and every one of my family and friends who have been here for me this week.  We are having baby girl’s baby shower at my house, so today everyone was coming to help me get ready.  It was a busy day, lots of things to get done and lots of people running around.  I had a lot of extra hands helping me clean my house, decorate for the party, and take care of my two boys.  But I have to admit, with no offense to everyone else, that my favorite bit of the day came this afternoon…my mom, aunt, and friend came to the door yelling “meals on wheels”, as they brought in a plate of food that my grandma had made for lunch.  Everything looked delicious, but then I saw the foil-covered second plate…

…my favorite thing in the whole wide world, my grandma’s apple pie.  Sometimes little surprises from the ones we love can really make a difference.  That piece of pie just melted in my mouth, and it made me feel so much better.  It really did.

And so today, as you go about your day, try to remember that sometimes the smallest surprises are the best, and sometimes people could really use that surprise, in a small or even a big way in their lives.  And if you are in need of a little pick-me-up, I hope that you get it soon!

PS…the best part is, she sent two pieces of pie, so I am going to sleep with a smile on my face, knowing that the other one is waiting in my kitchen. And yes, I will be eating it for breakfast.
the BEST apple pie on earth. hands down.


What was one of the best “little surprises” that you ever got?  Why was it so important to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment