Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

One word: Cheesecake.

Now THIS is what we call "looking for the GOOD in food"!

For as long as I have known my husband (12 years now), he has talked about how good his Aunt Susie's cheesecake is.  So, when we visited her in Texas this January, he sweet-talked her into giving us the recipe.  About 3 weeks after we got home, I decided to make it for Matt for Valentine's Day.  Man, did I wish I had gotten the recipe earlier along in these 12 years!



I made it with the pineapple topping from the recipe, and it was absolutely delicious.  It turned out super tall, and we shared it with the whole family! Seriously, people were coming back to my doorstep for seconds...it's that good!

And so...Matt told me I needed to start making one every week. Ha! Truth is, I thought it was a great idea, but we wouldn't be able to get off the couch and go to work if I did make one every week.  But now it's been 4 months since I  made it...and tomorrow just happens to be my wonderful husband's 28th (golden!) birthday...

Happy birthday to Matt, we are having cheesecake again!  Enjoy the pics...I haven't gotten Aunt Susie's permission to share the recipe just yet, so if you are scrolling down and looking for it, sorry! But if you live anywhere near us, just swing by the house tomorrow...but make sure you come early, because I'm sure it will be gone quick!

MMMM Happy Wednesday, Happy Birthday Matt, and Happy Cheesecake Yumminess!
Can't you just taste the creamy goodness looking at this picture???

1 comment: