Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Surprise? Not Yet!



Today I woke up in pain.  Sharp, sharp pain in the pelvic area.  I finally forced myself to get out of bed and get Cooper ready for church, because they were going to celebrate his birthday in their Sabbath School class.  We picked up Sam and my dad, went to church, and I got more and more uncomfortable.  Sitting is nearly impossible these days…our baby girl is very low, and I’ve had lots and lots of pressure.

I made it through church, but during the family lunch at my grandma’s house I ended up laying down in the living room—having all of those Braxton Hicks contractions I’ve now, unfortunately, become accustomed to.  However, today they were accompanied by lower back pain, as well as some other (better left un-mentioned) symptoms.  My Aunt Becky was convinced I was in labor, so she had me get outside and walk down the block, to see if the symptoms either subsided or got worse.  Unfortunately, neither happened.  I felt exactly the same, and I still do now, at 11:00 pm.

My cousin Elyse tells me I should never google medical symptoms, but of course I did, and as I read the list for “preterm labor symptoms”, I have not one, not two, but all of them.  YIKES! 

For that reason, my post today will be short…and yet, it’s still fitting for “Sunday Surprises”.  You never know what you’re going to get!  Last night I went to bed feeling normal, and today was totally off…who knows what tomorrow holds.  Maybe I’ll wake up feeling normal again.  Or maybe I’ll be making a trip to the hospital!

Keep us in your thoughts…I have a feeling that my little girl is definitely going to surprise us and come early…but 9 weeks early is a little too early for our liking.  Just wait a little longer, baby girl! J

No comments:

Post a Comment