Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Challenge Accepted.


What a difference a week can make...

If you read last Tuesday's post, you know how extremely miserable I was after being cooped up in my house.  Not just cooped up, but at the same time unable to clean up the MESS that was piling up around me!  I sent out a sarcastic invitation for anyone willing to come over with rubber gloves and cleaning supplies...and, well, some of my favorite women in the world answered the call.

While I was in the hospital enjoying my newborn baby girl all weekend, my mom and aunts and mother-in-law were not only taking care of my two young boys at home, but they were cleaning EVERY inch of my house.  EVERY inch.

On Monday when we walked in the door with our new daughter for the first time, we walked into a fresh-smelling, spotless house.  They had worked so hard; I couldn't even believe it.  Every room was clean, they had finished sorting and putting away the baby's clothes, they had hung the pictures I hadn't gotten around to hanging.  And the details...a bowl of pink candy on the table, in honor of baby Nora.  And a pile of my favorite candy bars sitting on my nightstand in my room.

It was perfect.  This Tuesday was 1000% better than last Tuesday.  Thank you could never be enough for what they did for me.  But, thank you Mom! And Jean, Barb, and Debbie!  And anyone else who helped!  And for those of you who read the invitation to come clean and didn't respond...you're off the hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment