Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Look for the Good in People

When I started this blog, nearly five months ago (hard to believe!), I made a call to action to all of you faithful readers of my words.  I asked you to look for the good in people. I asked you to put a smile on your face and try to pay it forward.  I asked you to look beyond the grouchy sales clerk or the super-rude co-workers.  Because you just never know what they might be going through.  And, when it's your turn having a bad day, or a bad week, or God forbid a bad year...never under-estimate the power of a smile and a kind word to cheer you up, even if it's only a little bit.

Since I started this blog, I've really been trying to remember my own advice.  To be honest, it's not always easy.  But it does always feel good in the end.  I have been blessed with so many wonderful people in my life, and they deserve credit for all that they do for me...they make it a lot easier to look for the good in this world.  This summer when I was on bedrest, they were here at a moment's notice to help me with my boys, to clean my house, to make us dinner.  During the last miserable month of my pregnancy, they were here...laying in bed with me, timing my contractions, driving me to the hospital for false alarms. 

And in the days since my precious baby girl arrived, we have been blessed beyond words.  Countless home-cooked meals, beautiful baby presents, loving words and friendly visits.  So much help, so much love.  And for that we are immensely grateful.

So let me ask you the same favor again...look for the good in people.  Turn the other cheek when they treat you wrong, and try to always treat others as you would like to be treated.  There's a reason they call it the golden rule.  I, too, will continue to try my hardest to live with this mindset, this goal in mind to always look for the good in everything.

And so continues the blog.  I pray that you all stay on the journey with me.


Have you found some good in your life lately?  What was it? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment