Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sam Said What?

In continuing with the post "Cooper said what?", I am sharing with you today another one-liner from my hilarious boys...this time it's Sam, my four-year-old. Although he became a big brother to Cooper at 21 months old, he has recently become a big brother yet again, this time to his baby sister Nora. With Cooper, he was...well, let's say...we had to watch him EVERY minute.  He pushed, hit, bit, kicked...all before Cooper was even six months old!  With Nora, it's a totally different story. He LOVES her.  He brings her toys, sings to her, tells her stories, and protects her from Cooper at all times.  However, I know that he is still dealing with the idea of having another baby in the house, another person to steal Mommy and Daddy's attention.  I can see this in the way that he acts sometimes, even though (thankfully) he is not taking it out on Nora.  One of the things he has been doing is baby-talking, which honestly grates my nerves. We tell him to talk like a big boy, and usually he does it right away, but the other day the baby-talking would NOT stop.  I finally just looked at him and said "Sam, do NOT talk like a baby!". He looked at me, then he got his "I'm thinking of a response" look on his face...finally, he smiles and says "Mommy, babies don't talk."









No comments:

Post a Comment