Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Just When You Start to Doubt Yourself...

As you all know, I've been working hard to catch up on the days I've missed writing on my blog since my baby girl was born.   Some of you are probably asking yourselves, why does it matter? why not just leave those days unfinished and keep going?  Well, it matters to me.  My goal with this blog was to write every day, to try and make people see the good, look for the good, find the good, every day.  So that's what I'm doing.  Slowly, but surely.

However...nobody is perfect.  And everyone has their off-days. I was having a couple of them last week.  I didn't post anything, I didn't try to play catch-up, and I even started to doubt myself.  Does the blog really matter?  Is anyone really reading my words?  You know how it goes...we've all doubted ourselves at some point or another.

And then, an old friend shows up at my door to bring me something.  We talked for a little while, and as she was leaving, she said she had been having a rough couple of days.  "But," she said, "tomorrow will be good.  I've been reading your blog everyday, and when I read it, it really makes me think about finding the good in everyday."

Just when you start to doubt yourself...God will remind you of your path.  He will send someone to remind you that what you are doing does matter, no matter how small you think it might be.  And even if my blog were only reaching one person every day, it is worth it.  It really is.

Thank you to that old friend...you know who you are.  Thank you for reading my words faithfully, and thank you for telling me what they mean to you. I really needed that.

And in the end, tomorrow really is good...isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment