Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Surprise in a Blanket: Part 2

As promised, there is a part two to this post! If you didn't read the first part, go to Surprise in a Blanket.  To re-cap the story, I made one baby blanket with our baby girl's name on it, but since her name was a secret until she was born, I had to hide the name on the blanket while my aunt Jeannie sewed it up!
Fast forward about 4 weeks...the blankie was wrapped up tight with ribbon and waiting in my hospital bag.  I had told Jean that she could open it as soon as the baby arrived, and she was so excited to see the name!  Little did she know, she would be even more excited after she opened it and saw the surprise!
It just so happens that baby girl is named after my aunt Jean!  So, when Nora was born and we told my mom her name, she said "we have to get Jean in here now and show her that blanket!".  So that's what we did! Jean came running in the room, grabbed the baby, and unwrapped the blanket.  And Matt caught the perfect moment on camera...Jean was shocked!  She just kept saying, "you named her after me?? After me??"



For someone who loves surprises, this one was one of the best I have experienced.  And the fact that Jean was the one who had sewed the blanket made it even more perfect.  We knew that she would be excited, but I didn't know it would be like this!  While we plan to just call her Nora, I know one person who will always be referring to her as Nora Jean.  And that's alright with me.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great story - one that should be told over and over - especially to Nora Jean.

    ReplyDelete