Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

The Best Birthday Ever

Monday, August 6, 2012 was my 28th birthday.  At 28 years old, I don't really feel the need to celebrate or receive birthday gifts (even though my family always makes us all feel special on our special days).  But this year I got the best birthday present I've ever received...my baby girl!

If you've been following the blog, you know how extremely uncomfortable I have been for the last 3 or 4 months.  Contractions, back pain, false labor...and all of that after a first trimester full of nausea and daily vomiting! Disgusting but true!  I was SO ready to have this baby!

Happy birthday mommy!
After she arrived on August 4th, we spent the next two days recovering and falling in love with her in the hospital. I have cherished those days with all of my babies--no cleaning or cooking to do, none of the daily stresses or worries, and most importantly, time with their daddy, who works so many hours and rarely has days off with us.

And then on Monday, on my birthday, we got to take her home! As we drove up the street by our house, we saw her two big brothers jumping up and down on the sidewalk at the corner with their grandma and grandpa. I will never forget that sight, seeing my boys so excited for their sister (and their mommy!) to come home.

Happy, happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment