Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Readers Beware: It's Not A "Good" Day.

CAUTION:  Today's post is not the average Pollyanna, positive outlook, happy heart kind of post.  Thursdays are for sharing our latest bargains, but to be honest I don't have any bargains to share.


Instead, I can forewarn you and tell you what is NOT a bargain...

It is NOT a bargain to make your FOURTH trip to the Labor and Delivery department of the hospital.  Fetal monitoring, urine samples, blood work, internal exams (yuck).  Not only is it not a bargain...it's not fun.

I guess everyone is allowed a day to be negative, right? That's not what we aim for here at "The Good", but we also don't aim for a fantasy.  Life isn't perfect.  Sometimes it's not as easy to find the good in every day.  Last night at 10:30pm I was getting on an elevator with my mom and my husband...I was sobbing.  Not only because I was in pain (I was having painful contractions every two minutes!), but because I was getting sent home...again.

As I sat down to write this post, I knew it was pathetic.  But yet, after a full day of laying in my bed having contractions and terrible back pain, I guess pathetic just suits my mood.  However, now that I'm typing the words, I just can't bring myself to end the post in the same manner it started.  I have to look for the good.  And in the end, it's truly not that hard--after all, in a matter of days (or two weeks, tops!) I will have a newborn baby girl in my arms!  For those of us who have given birth and enjoyed the utter bliss of those first few days with our newest members of the family, we know that there is nothing to compare that with.  Nothing.

So...no bargains to share with you today.  Sorry to disappoint.  Anyone have any good ones to share? It may cheer me up to hear about all of you heading out to some garage sales or clearance racks!  Any good buys lately??

1 comment:

  1. JC Penny is giving away free haircuts to kids in grades K-6 for the entire month of August!

    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete