Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

25 Random Things


So, I’m looking through my Facebook and find a note from February 9, 2009. It was one of those “forward this to your friends” things that I usually don’t do, but it interested me because it was just called “25 Random Things About Me”. I liked how open-ended it was, and it was fun to think of 25 random things to describe me…plus, I got to read what my other friends had to say about themselves, and that was fun, too.  Anyhow, when I found the note I thought it would be a good thing to share with you readers of my blog…so I started reading it again (I haven’t read it since I wrote it 3 years ago!), and when I got to the final thing, #25, I just knew that it had to go on the blog! 

“25 Random Things About Me”
1. Always put God and family first. The rest will just fall into place.
2. My husband is my very best friend in the whole world...and I wish I knew a non-corny way to say that!
3. I always knew I wanted to be a mother, but I never knew HOW much until I saw my son's face (Samuel Roark Meehan, born 8/22/08).
4. I have travelled to 7 countries on four different continents. I love traveling!!...but no matter now much I love it, the best part is always to come home.
5. I speak fluent Spanish and am nearly-fluent in Portuguese. I have also taken courses in Italian and Japanese.
6. I love to wear black. My grandma hates this, and continues to buy me brightly-colored clothes, but I still prefer black. Or gray. Or brown.
7. I am an only child, but would love to have a big family of my own. I wanted six kids and Matt said 2 or 3, but we finally compromised and said 4...I still think I can convince him to go for 5.
8. I have a SMALL group of very close friends. They know who they are, and they will be my friends, or better yet family, for life.
9. My wedding day was THE best day of my life. (Sorry Sam...the day you were born was an EXTREMELY close 2nd, but the contractions and pushing were the deciding factor!)
10. I love pasta. Any day, and any way. I love pasta.
11. I have 2 of the best parents in the whole world. They made my childhood fun, they are the reason for any success I have in life, and they are already the best grandparents EVER.
12. Matt and I would love to start our own business and work together someday.
13. My cousin Elyse is the closest thing I have to a sister, and I don't just mean that because I love her and all that sappy stuff. We fought to the death in our carseats, and the battle continues today.
14. I love Christmas. Christmas music, buying Christmas presents, sappy Christmas movies, Christmas cookies...everything Christmas I love.
15. I hope that I never take for granted the fact that I honestly love my husband's family. And my mother-in-law's cooking. After 8 years, I still can't get enough of that fried chicken...
16. I wish I could speed-read. There are so many books I want to read, but I open one and start thinking about a million other things.
17. A few things I hate: socks in bed, food touching other food on my plate, people who are fake, sports commentary (have you ever REALLY listened to what they are saying?), bad posture, hearing people chew, and sitting "on the end" at the movies.
18. I love being named after someone (my grandma, Shirley Hope). I think it is a wonderful thing to be named after someone your parents knew and loved. I plan to give all of my children this gift--Sam is named after my grandpa and my dad.
19. Matt and I bought our first house in January 2008. My favorite part? Having ALL of my stuff in ONE place! From Kindergarten to High School I only moved once...but during college I moved 9 times! yuck...
20. I will not allow myself more than 5 minutes to put on my make-up everyday. Any more than that is ridiculous. But yes, I wear make-up everyday...even if I AM at home all day with the baby.
21. I love to take pictures. I ALWAYS have my camera, and usually have a spare in my purse.
22. I am 5'5" and 115 pounds, and I had a 10 pound baby. In what universe does THAT make sense??
23. I hope that 25 years from now our marriage looks something like my parents' marriage.
24. My remedy for a clutter-filled house: If it doesn't make you smile, throw it out!
25. My motto in life: Look for the good in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment