Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Share the Goods #1: Your Home.

As I mentioned in my "Summer Challenge", one of my goals this summer is to make this blog more interactive.  In other words, I feel like it's your turn to get a chance to talk!  It's always me, me, me...let's hear from you!
In order to achieve my goal, I need your help (obviously).  So, I'm starting a new series called "Share the Goods".  Basically, it's just an open forum for all of you faithful readers (you know who you are!) to answer, discuss, comment, etc.  I have mentioned before how overwhelmed I've been by not only the number of readers this blog has gotten, but more so by the amazing feedback you have given me.  Keep it coming, please!  In fitting with the overall goal of my blog, to look for the good in everything, I think the best way to do that is to share the good with everyone else, and that's the point of this new series.
And so, since it is Tuesday and we are looking for the good in our homes, I ask you to consider the following questions:

1. What are some things you love about your home?  Why?

2. What are some things you would change about your home, if given the chance?  Why?

3. What does the word "home" mean to you?

...Please take the time to answer these questions for me.  I would love to hear from all of you, and I'd love to see how all of your answers stack up to one another's.  I am excited about the new series, and I am praying that we can get some good, positive conversations started together.  Let's get talking, let's have a great discussion, and above all--let's keep looking for the good.

**If you do not have an account to comment on this blog page, please feel free to comment on our newly-made Facebook page! Find us at www.facebook.com/thegood2012 .  And while you are there, go ahead and "like" us, too!  Thank you so much to all of you who faithfully read my words.  To a writer, there is no greater pleasure.  You are much appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. 1. What I love- our back yard and porch! I can't take any credit, my husband has done it all, but our backyard has lots of beautiful flowers and plants, and our porch is cozy and surrounded with plants too. I love sitting out there, especially at night, and enjoying the sounds, the breeze if there is one, and just being still.

    I also love my son's room. When we were first decorating it before he was born I got stressed out at times because I wanted it to be perfect and it wasn't turning out the way I had planned. However, I finally realized that all didn't really matter. Now when I sit in there I remember planning for his arrival and how excited we were to finally be welcoming our child into our home.

    2. What I would change- Back to the porch thing, I wish we had a front porch. I love sitting out back, but I would also enjoy being able to sit out front and do a little people watching, be more friendly with the neighbors, etc. I could sit out in the driveway, but it just doesn't have that same cozy feeling. :)

    We definitely need more storage- no basements here! Most people store things in the garage and park in the driveway. So far both our cars are in the garage, but I fear that won't last much longer!

    The last thing is one we are working on changing. I really want to have more pictures of people up on our walls and around the house. That way we can always be surrounded with what matters most.

    3. What home means to me- I haven't given much thought to this, but the biggest thing that comes to my mind is that home is where you let your hair down and are your most comfortable. It's the place you want to go back to after being out of town or at work, where you feel safest and like you belong. And of course, where there are people you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lisa,
      GREAT thoughts! i'm glad you have a good back porch to sit on...i wish we had a place to sit in our backyard, but it's mostly driveway! but we have a great sunporch on the back of the house, and that's one of my favorite places to sit and read or write the blog.
      and my mom got me a rocking chair (at a garage sale, of course!) for our front porch, which i love. i wish more people sat on their front porch! it's one of my favorite things...lots of people to watch! :)

      Delete