Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tapas, Batman, and a Milkshake in a Purse

This wasn't exactly a surprise...but this weekend we took a spontaneous trip to Iowa City for a double date night.  On Friday night, Laura and I were talking about how badly we wanted to eat at Devotay (remember the post about Devotay, right? Community Spotlight: Devotay).  When the two of us go there, it's never-ending plates of tapas coming to the table...and now, we are both pregnant.  Yikes!  And since my birthday is coming up next week, Laura said she would take me there to celebrate.  So, when my mom said she could keep both of the boys on Saturday night, the plan was set:  double date in Iowa City.
It was a great night.  I'm sure it will be my last trip more than 10 miles from home, considering my due date is only 4 weeks from today.  And there's nowhere I would rather go on my last trip than Iowa City!  On the drive there, Laura and I joked that we were going to order the entire menu...turns out that wasn't far from the truth.  And everything was delicious.  When I eat there, I literally feel like I'm sitting outside at a bar in Spain eating tapas and people-watching.
After dinner, we headed to Coralville to see the Dark Knight Rises.  Since we dragged our husbands all the way up there for dinner, we decided we should at least go see the new Batman movie.  We filled our purses with snacks (literally...in fact, Laura's purse was holding a milkshake from Whitey's and a cup of iced-tea from Chik-Fil-A...hilarious) and went in to watch the superheroes.  The movie was good, our tummies were full with delicious food, and we had a great time enjoying each other's company.

A good, spontaneous date night in one of my favorite cities.  Good food, good friends, and most likely my last date night with my hubby before we become parents of three.  This is one happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment