Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

It's a....

Laura's nickname is "Laura Bee" so I made up this basket for the special day :)
GIRL! Our favorite chef, Miss Laura, AKA my best friend, is having a GIRL! Can you sense the excitement in my typing?!?!

This week was Laura's ultrasound...I have been waiting and waiting to find out if I'm getting a niece or a nephew this December. I have to admit, I've been hoping for a girl (obviously) since I'm having a girl myself this August!

Anyhow, they decided that they were going to use the new "filled cupcakes" way of telling the gender of baby Painter. (Fill the cupcakes with pink or blue frosting, and cut them open to share your news!) Now, Laura may be our go-to cook/chef for the blog, but she will tell you herself that baking is not her thing. No worries...it's my thing! She asked me to make the cupcakes for them to share with the family, and I could not be happier to do it!  After all, that means I would be one of the first to know!!!

So, on Wednesday morning Laura and Tim showed up at my door, with a familiar white bag in hand.  Donuts! "We brought you a donut", she said, with a huge smile on her face.  I knew right away it would be cherry (pink) or blueberry (blue).  "Well, I hope it's a boy then, because I love blueberry donuts and I don't like cherry ones!" As I opened the bag, there it was:  a cherry donut.  A GIRL! (Of course Laura knew my donut preference, so she brought me a chocolate one to devour after finding out the news!)


It was such a great moment to share with them.  I immediately ran to get my pink-themed gifts (yes, I had both ready.  I've been waiting for this moment for a long time!) and watched the parents-to-be open their goodies for their sweet baby girl.  What a good way to start a Wednesday!













...and then I got to work on the cupcakes.  Funny part...I had to make both pink and blue frosting, because my older son Sam already knows the filled-cupcake process, and I couldn't have him spilling the beans before Laura's family knew!  So, I filled them all up with bright pink frosting, a smile on my face the entire time.  After work, Laura took them to her parents house and her family members came to share in the surprise.  So fun!  At the same time, I took two lonely cupcakes over to my family (who was also very excited to find out!) and we bit into ours, too!

Hooray for pink-filled cupcakes.  As a non-pink lover, I never thought I would say that.  But the thought of Laura and I pushing our strollers around with our two baby girls, only a few months from now, just makes me giddy inside!  And, like every Sunday, hooray for surprises!  What would life be without them? :)

The finished product:  surprise-filled cupcakes for Laura's family! So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment