Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Girls' Night Out!

Our night at the spa :)
On Saturdays we look for the good in people.  And to be honest, I can't think of much better people than the ladies I spent the evening with tonight.  Ever since my mom and I got our couples massage for Mother's Day, we've been planning to go to "Girls Night Out" at Two Rivers Massage in Moline.  And tonight we finally made it happen!  The six of us headed across the river for a much-needed break...a chance to put our feet up and get pampered.  This is not the norm for any of us, so it really is a treat! 
We were able to bring in our own snacks and drinks, and we had the whole spa to ourselves.  Big comfy couches, hot packs for our achy shoulders, and the works for our feet...salt soaks, foot and leg massages, and parrafin wax (Except for me...no parrafin wax for third-trimester mamas...this was a total let-down for me, but I understand the rules.  I'm sure they don't want to deliver a baby in the spa!)
For two hours, we just got to enjoy ourselves and enjoy the company of each other.  The three "young'uns" (me, my "sister" Elyse, and my best friend Laura) and the three "young at hearts" (my mom, my aunt Jeannie, and our "aunt Barb").  It was such a great time...no running around, no screaming kids, no work or responsibilities for any of us.  And even though it would be nice to do that all the time (of course!), it truly is even more special when you only get to do it once in a great while.
So if you've had a hard week (those of you who are my Facebook friends know that my week included my son's allergic reaction, a bee sting, a foot gashed open, and a child vomiting all over my car)...then try to take some time to relax.  Maybe you can't get to the spa today, or tomorrow, or maybe the spa isn't even your thing...just find what relaxes you, and take the time to do it.  Remember that if you take care of yourself first, it becomes a lot easier to take care of those around you (which we all have to do in our daily lives!).

I wish you all the kind of happiness that I had tonight in a room filled with my family and friends, getting my feet rubbed and eating snacks.  And to top it off...we stopped at Cafe Fresh for my all-time favorite drink: frozen hot chocolate!

Great night.  Off to bed...remember to look for the good in people this week!  Sometimes it might seem hard, but it is there!  Just keep looking!

3 comments: