Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

My little diva? Already?

For those of you who know me at all, you know that I am not a diva (AKA high maintenance, a girly-girl, etc...)  However, I believe that my daughter, who has not even been born yet, just might be...

...this Thursday I had an appointment for a haircut and color.  Just to give you an idea of me...most girls get their hair done about every 6 weeks, some even more often than that (I won't mention any names...cough cough Laura...).  I usually shoot for about every 8 weeks, sometimes 10.  However, it's been about 4 months since my last appointment!  I ended up having to cancel one in between because of being on bed rest. So, needless to say, this week I was going to get my hair done, no matter what happened!!!

As I sat in the chair getting my color on, the baby was moving like crazy.  Nothing out of the ordinary for her...she never calms down!  It's already uncomfortable for me to be in a sitting position, and then when she moves...well, it's just plain miserable.  So, when Nora (my stylist) said it was time to walk over to the shampoo bowls, I was glad for a change in position.  As I walked over there, you could literally see the baby moving through my dress and through the cape!

I sat down to get my hair washed, and Nora started giving me a scalp massage.  All of the sudden, it was like the baby literally fell over on one side of my stomach, and stopped moving.  She had fallen asleep! It was a miracle! Normally she never sleeps during the day...and even at night, it takes me a few hours of tossing and turning before I can feel her finally calm down.  And yet, two minutes of a scalp massage, and she's out like a light.  She literally didn't move for the next couple of hours.

We may have a diva on our hands...don't tell my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment