Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Life is Good.

For those of you who don't know, my mother-in-law Debbie has been fighting the cancer fight since May (see earlier post, Just Keep Swimming ).  She has undergone both radiation and chemotherapy, and the treatments ended about a week ago.  Of course we have to wait a while to find out the results of everything, but we are so happy that she doesn't have to go through the painful treatments anymore.
Today is one of the first days that she has felt good enough for us to bring the boys over to play.  Matt and I took them downtown for beignet donuts this morning, and we got a box to go for their Dede (that's what they call Debbie).  Sam decided he would take his superhero cape to play with at Dede's house, and he said he was excited to go.  Matt and I told him that Dede would be so happy to see him and he said "I love her, you know".  My heart just melted.


So, we spent the rest of the morning with their Dede. Cooper started screaming "dede's house!" when we pulled in the driveway, and Sam grabbed his cape and ran up the steps.  It was so good for all of us to see her.  She looks so good, and she was even up to baking cookies with Sam!  His favorite thing!



I've been using the blog to complain a lot lately about how my pregnancy has been taking a toll on me, both physically and emotionally.  But today, none of that mattered as I watched my boys play with their grandma.  This is what life is all about. And today, life is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment