Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ridiculously Happy About Pillows...

I just had to post about this...Matt has been making fun of me for days.

As you all know, I have done the majority (and I really mean majority) of the decorating in my home from garage sales, hand-me-downs, or clearance racks.  Last week I made a new contribution to one of my favorite rooms (my sun porch) and it has been making me happy every day.

We were out in our garage sale caravan (there were about 10 of us!) last week, and there was a sale with a ton of decorative pillows.  Most of them were marked between $4-$6, which was actually probably a good deal (those things are so expensive!), but I really didn't want to pay that much.  I saw two big yellow ones that I knew would look perfect on my little couch in the sunroom, so I walked over to check the price.  No tag.

I walked up to the girl who was having the sale and asked her how much she wanted for the two yellow pillows. "Oh, let's just say $1 a piece.  How's that?" 

Perfect!  I couldn't wait to get them home...they are literally a perfect match to the yellow decoration (also from a garage sale) on the wall above the couch (a hand-me-down).  I keep walking out there just to look at them...pathetic, I know! I'm 8 months pregnant and physically miserable...I guess it only takes a little thing to make me happy these days!  Anyhow, last night I said something again about how perfect the pillows look out there.  Matt just started laughing and shaking his head.

So I guess I will spare Matt another "perfect pillow" comment and share it with you all instead!  Remember to look for the good in your home...you never know how much it might cheer up your day!

So happy :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the pillows! And for a buck each!? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i couldn't believe they were only a dollar..what a steal!!

      Delete