Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Midnight Feedings

No, this post is not about babies.  Well, not exactly...

...due to two sick children, being pregnant and uncomfortable, etc., I haven't slept more than a couple hours in the last five nights.  This is not normal for me.  And during the precious hours I have gotten to sleep, my lovely youngest son Cooper has decided to wake up and come to our room and torture me...he is the worst to sleep with ever!

Wednesdays posts are about food, and that's what this is all about. Any time I get woken up, no matter what time of night, I am starving.  I'd like to blame this on the pregnancy, but it's really how I am all the time--just worse when I'm pregnant, of course!  And so last night, after the kids finally got to bed at 11 and 12 (yes, that's right! too much birthday partying at our house I guess!), I had a snack and drug myself up the stairs to my bed. Two hours later, I was up again.  And again three hours after that.  You get the picture...

Unfortunately, I have had so much pain during the night, I can't even bring myself to get out of bed and go downstairs to the kitchen for a bite.  I feel so pathetic even typing this, but it's true!  So I lay there and think about food...and last night was the worst, because my refrigerator is full of yummy food that people brought for the party we had. It's pure torture!

So I leave you with this thought today:  be thankful for a full night's sleep, if you get one.  I've never had trouble sleeping, so now I have a new compassion for those of you who suffer with insomnia!  And another thought...keep a snack by your bed.  :)

Here's what was running through my head last night...

my grandma's red white and blue-themed birthday spread last night...

birthday cake #1 (my grandma's)
birthday cake #2 (my mom's)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope that you get a much better night's sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete