Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

The Days Are Long But The Years Are Short

This is taken from Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project".  The days are long, but the years are short.  And you never understand that fully until you have children...


These last few days have been long. Very long. Even with all of my helpers, it's just been long.

And then yesterday, as we played at the waterpark, I looked at my boys and realized how short the years are.  I looked at them, and then I looked at my friend Barb's son, now a teenager. As he ran around with his friends, all of them at least a foot taller than me, I couldn't stand the thought of my boys being that big, of me not being able to hold them and carry them around anymore.


Yes, the days are long. Sometimes they are forever long.  But the years...no, those are short.  Too short.

On that note, I'm off to spend the day enjoying my boys.  My little boys.


No comments:

Post a Comment